Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Weekend

Why do the weekends always seem too short? I guess in this case it was shorter... damn time change. Anyway, I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!

I started my Saturday with a 12mile training run (btw, if anyone is interested I found these magical supplements that help with your recovery) and ended the day at the lake for dinner with a view of the sunset. Oh yes, just about as romantic as you can get... sitting on the bench with a burrito in hand. And a Coke Zero on the bench next to me. But really though, it was a very enjoyable meal.


Then, since the evening was still young, we decided to go get some dessert and walk around. Hubby suggested going to Sprinkles because he knows how much I <3 their Irish Chocolate cupcake that's only available for a small 2ish week window out of the whole year. I highly recommend this one! Hurry out and get it before March 17th! Hubby got his fave... the black and white.

On Sunday, we made our way to Target like we do every weekend. Target, why do I love you so? While the hubby was looking at some contact solution I made my way over to the clothing section.  I had originally seen these shorts online but they didn't have my size. So of course I was on a mission to find them in-store. And I did! I didn't try them on yet (because sometimes I get lazy like that).  I'll hopefully try them on soon and show you how they fit. *crossing fingers that they'll look good* I also got a grey pocket tee.. but I don't think that's anything worth showing really.
Mint Shorts

I would love to hear about your weekend! Do any of you have a weakness for Target as well? 

Upcoming Posts:
I think for a future post (possibly the next), I'll review some drugstore eyeliners.  One of them is a great dupe for the Urban Decay 24/7 liners! (and no, it's not the Milani ones!).

17 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look delicious and I love those shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woww the first picture is perfect!!!

    Would you like to follow each other ?



    pashionality.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. 12 mile run? Girl, I am bowing before you. I got a treadmill a few weeks ago and am bumbling along just trying to run for at least five minutes straight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 12 mile run? Impressive! How long did it take for you to build up to that? Good luck with your training!

    I love the lace detailing on the shorts! I got lace shorts last summer, which I love, but they're a bit more fragile... I like the sturdiness of the denim combined with the decorative lace. :)

    ~ lauriel
    www.EyeForElegance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been running long distances for about 3 years now (going on my fourth). It definitely gets "easier" over time.

      I love lace shorts too and I agree they are definitely more fragile. but oh so pretty =)

      Delete
  5. I have to agree with the other commenters - a 12 mile run, wow! Good for you :) You definitely earned a cupcake, and the Irish Chocolate looks amazing. Target on the whole is my weakness, I cannot go in without buying half the store. I live in Europe, so luckily I don't get there too often, but that only makes me buy more when I do go!
    xox,
    Cee
    www.cocoandvera.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. yup i agree weekends always not enough! lovely photos


    Delightful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so impressive---I don't think I have in my life started my saturday with a 12 mile run! And I am also stalking those target shorts; they were out of my size when I last checked :(

    Brittney

    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you check at your local store(s)? I lucked out and found one pair in my size!

      Delete
  8. I'm impressed with your 12mile run as well! Honestly, I don't even think I could do 1 mile.

    Cupcakes look yummy!

    -Josephina
    http://www.josephinacollection.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great weekend, love the lace on those Target shorts! I'm now following you, look forward to future posts.

    xo
    - J
    www.jessglamdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great!

    www.deluxefashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. 12mile run and a cupcake! you can do it all xx
    stop by my blog if ya can.. would love to follow each other xx
    www.vicariousLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the shorts !

    Maybe you want us to follow each other ?
    Follow me and leave me a comment so I can follow back !

    My Blog
    My Bloglovin
    My Twitter
    My Facebook
    My Instagram
    My Fashiolista


    Thanks for visiting and see you soon !
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful sun. Perfect for your run.

    www.kholaskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. AMAZING post:) I love those shorts. We all want spring to arrive here in Sweden now.

    If you want to see an amazing webshop..check out my new post:)

    Have a great weekend dear

    LOVE Maria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!