Imagine coming home after a long tiring day and finding a wonderful surprise sitting in your inbox! I want to thank Olya from Creative Side of Me for the nomination. I am genuinely flattered and still a little shocked to be nominated, no less by someone who's blog I love reading. Olya always has such effortless style.
For anyone who's curious as to what a Liebster award is, ”It is an award given to inspiring bloggers that have less than 200 or 300 followers to help spread the word of their inspiring sites.” I could not be more honored to have the chance to participate in this.
So first, I will answer the questions asked by Olya:
- Why do you blog? I consider myself to be a rather introverted person and therefore find it rather difficult to express myself in person so I chose blogging an outlet.
- Do you enjoy writing? It's kind of funny, but I would say that I'm one that has troubles putting my thoughts on paper (so to speak). I do enjoy writing; I just don't think I'm very good at it.
- What do you think you are better at writing or speaking? If I had to choose one, I would say speaking. I can deliver a rehearsed presentation like no one's business but I'm horrible with improv.
- Do you consider yourself a creative person? I would say so. I consider myself to be a more artistic person and am always inspired by the possibility of creating something new out of random objects.
- Do you enjoy reading? Yes. I find it rather relaxing when I can just get lost in a book.
- What is your favorite book? Charlotte's Web. It was the first big girl book I remember reading in school and I remember really empathizing with the characters.
- Do you consider yourself an organized person? In most ways, yes. But if I'm really tired I kind of just leave things around. But I know where EVERYTHING is. It's organized mess.
- Did you ever meet one of your virtual blogger-friends in real life? Not yet, but I hope to one day!
- What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? I would like everyone to be more open minded to people and things that are different. There's no need to tear other people down.
- Is there anything you’d like to change about yourself? Yes! I wish I wasn't as shy. I think I can come across as apathetic or disinterested but really I'm just excessively filtering thoughts about what I should and shouldn't say in my head.
- What are you most grateful for? I'm grateful for everything that I have. Wonderful friends and family and a roof over my head.
- How long have you been blogging?
- What inspires you?
- What is one random fact about yourself?
- Are you more of an outdoor person or indoor person?
- What is your number one beauty essential?
- What frustrates you the most about blogging?
- What do you love the most about blogging?
- Cats or Dogs? (or neither)
- Where is your dream vacation?
- What is your all-time favorite food?
- Name a current favorite TV show.